Sunday, February 07, 2010

Afternoon with A

I spent Saturday going around Glorietta looking for new office shoes, and I had my bestfriend A accompany me. It was great being able to pull her away from her BF coz we rarely get to spend time together since he came (read: he came into her life sometime 2000). Turns out that Sweety Pie is busy doing some Events thing and couldn't hang out with her, so lucky me. :-)

In between trying out shoes, we were carrying on our usual colegiala speak, updating each other on what's been happening in each other's lives. Snippets:

T: So, wedding plans????
A: Nope. We're fine the way we are.
T: His parents still in town?
A: Returned na to Guam.
T: hmmm...

(passed Sakura resto)

T: I used to meet up with M here when he feels like eating Japanese.
A: Uuuy, memories
T: Yeah, how long has it been since he passed on? 3 years?
A: I don't know Tons, he was your friend.
T: (silent)
T: I kinda stopped going to Mass
A: You of all people. Hard to believe.
T: Yeah, really.
A: What changed?
T: I think its because things don't change. So, I stopped going. Things remain the way they are anyway, whether I go or not, I pray or not.
A: You're becoming like me.
T: scary

(inside Jose)

T: Finally!! Shoes that fit well!
A: Walanghiya ka, this is not within my budget!!!!
T: Buy it na.
A: Syet. Ok. I hate you.

(inside Alberto's)

A: So, have you been flying to Cebu?
T: No
A: Accounts resolved?
T: No
A: What about your "friend"?
T: Things are not the same na, I told you, diba?
A: Is he marrying her?
T: Ambot.
A: Jerk.

(inside Kaya)

A: You order
T: What do you like?
A: Whatever you want.
T: Japchae?
A: Whatever
T: Bulgogi?
A: Fine
T: (looks around for the waiter)
A: Will smoke lang ha.
T: Whatever (smile)

And then after dinner, we went home. Its so nice spending time with A, she's the one that keeps me grounded and she makes me laugh in a weird funny way that only the two of us can understand.


National Geographic Photo of the Day