Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gone for the Weekend



For a change of pace and scenery, I brought Anton to a villa for the weekend in Rosario, Batangas owned by my brother's friend's family. It's a huge farmland where the hired hands are busy harvesting papaya, mangoes and kalamansi. Only recently that the family decided to convert a portion of the vast land into a resort for additional income.
My brother encouraged me to try out the farm's spa facilities and I was glad that I did. The therapist was a local, who's husband was the barangay captain and she came to the resort using the town's service owner-type jeep, hehe. Anyway, Manang had magical hands. She kneaded my bunched-up muscles until they loosened up. The oil she used on me did not leave any greasy feeling and it smelled really nice.
Anton rode a pony for the first time and kept calling the animal " 'orse. He can't pronounce 'pony'. Haha! The night sky was so clear and for the first time in a long long time, I saw fireflies flitting from tree to tree.

National Geographic Photo of the Day