Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Day in Your Life - RIP Michael Jackson


Michael Jackson was 50??? Why not? I'm already 41. His tragic death somehow told me that hey, it's about time to grow up. I just never associated him with age..you know. To me, he's still a kid...like I am. That's how I sometimes think of myself.

I have never been a die-hard Michael Jackson fan but I do enjoy his songs. The Thriller Album, Bad, Off the Wall, HIStory...songs from these albums accompanied me as I grew up from a little girl to a young woman trying to find her place under the sun, marking milestones with a Michael Jackson hit.

I have several songs that I prefer above all MJ's hits, and these are the ballads he sang during his teenage years, the time when he was the adorable black boy I would see on TV. "Ben" is one. This is the other one.

The world lost a great artist but his music will live on in the hearts of the millions of people he had touched, like me, through his music.


One Day in Your Life- Michael Jackson - Celebrity bloopers here

National Geographic Photo of the Day