Sunday, April 26, 2009

We Speak

Anton's packing up a lot of words and such a joy to "talk"to. :-) We speak to him in the vernacular as we don't speak english at home. That solved the potential problem of having the yaya speaking to him in "mis-pronounced" english given her regional roots (ie, melk (milk), tiddy bur (teddy bear), or Mac-dunald (seriously). But then, anton's learning bits and pieces of cebuano-illongo words without my knowing, thanks to my dad and yaya (ie, igot (rope), naog (down), duha (2), maayo (refering to time of day or "tao po", on situations). So my new concern is yaya and anton conversing in a language all their own.

But largely, its tagalog with a smattering of english here and there, which I credit to Playhouse Disney. With tagalog as his principal language, he understands the language spoken everywhere we go, like at SM, the corner store where we buy bread, kids playing in our street, the security guards manning the village gate. :-)

I would stare at Anton while he sleeps. To this day, I still can't describe him, the love just shoots out from every part of my being and its overwhelming. He's turning 2 years old soon. I have to know how to explain the father absence and Time will tell nalang siguro.

National Geographic Photo of the Day