Thursday, February 05, 2009

A KiKay 2009



I don't know what got into me. Early into the new year, sometime during the weekend, I went to SM Sucat for the sole reason to buy toiletries and it ended up being a major shopping expedition. I guess I decided its time to buy new clothes after seeing all the new styles that were on sale after the Holiday rush, and right there and then, decided to take advantage of the discount, notwithstanding the small percentage off the SRP.

Of course, you can't go shopping for new clothes without shopping for new shoes. So the following weekend, I shopped for new shoes naman. And not just the typical black or brown walking clogs or flats. Apart from new office shoes, I bought kikay clogs and step-ins. Really girlie and all, hehe!
And then, since I was into new clothes and new shoes, i also decided to get new underwear! So, back to the Department store I go and bought several new bikinis and semi-full panties and a couple of brassiers. Hehe! So that completed the new wardrobe for 2009.

But then, it didn't end there. My Philamlife agent was also into selling Mary Kay products and after a little bit of prodding, got me to buy the TimeWise Moisturizing and Dermabrasion Line for my skincare regimen. And you know what? I LOVE THE PRODUCTS!!! It suits my skin, giving it a healthy, youthful glow. :-)

So there, after all of the belt tightening that I did during the Christmas holidays by giving practical gifts and simple tokens, I decided to let go and splurged on myself for a change last January 2009. Haha!

But of course, after this shopping spree, I'm not going to buy anything for myself again until next year. With the pay-cut that we had to agree to and given the economic downturn, its not the time to spend money on things that is not a priority.

So, here's to maximizing the use of my new shoes, clothes, undies and moisturizing products for a Kikay 2009.

National Geographic Photo of the Day